CSIU Technology Group
. . .
Over 40 Years of Service to Education
The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit has a proud history of serving schools with responsive, innovative and cost- effective programs for over four decades.
Among the service areas in which the CSIU has taken a leadership role (locally, statewide and nationally) is technology. Since 1971, its first year of operation, the CSIU has helped schools to apply ever-changing technologies to issues of administration and instruction.
From mainframe timesharing in the 1970s through cloud computing; from large video cameras and tape decks through the current generation of digital HDTV and advanced video-editing computer software; from landlines and terminals through wireless on site networks, the CSIU Technology Group has continually responded to district technology needs with flexibility, know-how, and a focus on client service.
In addition to our work with LEAs, CSIU has provided services to PA Departments of Education, Health and Public Welfare and the US Department of Education, among others, to provide services such as the following:
- Data management systems for statewide help lines
- On-line courses for school staff
- Distributed data collection and management systems for Early Intervention and Migrant Education
- Hosting and maintaining national, school and community websites
- Developing curriculum on improving school data