The wikis and social media sites created and maintained by staff of the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit are intended to be sources of information for its audiences. These forms of communication allow for audience participation through an exchange of ideas and by sharing information. The CSIU encourages collaboration among its internal and external publics, but is not responsible for the accuracy of information, opinions, claims or advice shared by its audiences as they do not represent those of the CSIU.
The following guidelines were established to ensure respect for the community and its members.
The CSIU retains the right to remove any content that management feels is offensive or does not positively reflect the highest standards in education and of the agency. Contributors should be the first to respond to his or her mistakes. CSIU staff are responsible for their own behavior when communicating via wikis and social media sites, and will be held accountable for the content they post.
Understand that the CSIU reserves the right to remove postings that are:
- abusive, defamatory, or obscene;
- fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
- not pertinent to the community;
- in violation of any copyright or intellectual property right of another;
- in violation of any law or regulation, including privacy laws;
- direct marketing for specific products or services or any type of classified advertisement; or
- otherwise offensive, graphically or in tone.
- Any user repeatedly posting material that falls into the above categories will be banned from participating in the community.
Photographs and videos of students without written permission from the students' parent/guardian should not be used or posted in any wiki or social media site. Permissions must be documented and submitted to the public relations office. (Official permission documents can be obtained from the public relations office or on the Intranet site's Online Library, FAQ/Forms/Schedules).
It is a violation of United States copyright law to cut and paste copyrighted material from other publications unless you have obtained advance permission to do so. If you wish to reference materials that are available on the Web, copy the link(s) and include the link(s) in your message or comment.
Limited quotations (a paragraph or less) of published works may be included as citations, but complete attribution to the author, publisher, etc. must also be included.
Posting a Message or Comment
The following guidelines are in relation to posting content on CSIU wikis or social media sites:
- Be concise and stay on topic.
- Do not post confidential or copyrighted information - ever.
- Refrain from posting personal messages. If you wish to discuss something off-topic with another contributor, obtain his or her contact information and continue your discussion outside the forum.
- When in doubt, do not post.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.