About the CSIU
The CSIU's primary service area consists of Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties in central Pennsylvania. It also includes...
17 school districts
3 career and technical centers
69 nonpublic schools
36,945 public and nonpublic school students and
3,905 district instructional, administrative and support staff
- Educational programs for CSIU-region schools and communities
- Educational programs and technical assistance to schools statewide through contracts with state agencies
- Continuing education classes for CSIU-region businesses and non-profit organizations
- Center for Schools and Communities
- Cooperative Business Services and Operations
- Curriculum, Assessment and Regional Education Services
- Finance, Budget and Accounting
Special Education and Early Childhood Services
- State and federal grants
- State contracts
- Service contracts
2014-15 Total CSIU Budgets: $73.2 million
- General Operating Budget: $1.2 million
Approved by CSIU board and constituent boards
- Programs and Services Budget: $72 million
Approved by CSIU board
- Marketplace Philosophy - clients determine program participation
- 17-member Board of Directors - approves operations; comprised of representatives from constituent district boards of directors
- Superintendents' Advisory Council - advises on programs and services
CSIU Mission Statement
BUILDS partnerships with schools and communities...to create the future.
SERVES established and emerging constituencies
INSPIRES individuals and organizations to reach their highest potential
ENCOURAGES teamwork, cooperation and diversity
STRIVES for innovation and excellence
The "mission statement" above and the beliefs listed below were developed by a committee of CSIU staff, board members and district superintendents over several months of strategic planning during 1994-95. The CSIU board adopted the mission statement and the beliefs, goals and strategies in February 1995.
Beliefs of the CSIU
We believe that . . .
- Children are first and are the future.
- Lifelong learning is vital.
- Every individual has unique talents, perspectives and contributions.
- Diverse staff, clients and programs build strength.
- Teamwork and partnerships are essential.
- Effective, open communication and mutual respect foster trust.
- Innovative, responsive, cost-effective and client-centered services are paramount.
For more information on programs and services, contact the CSIU:
Phone: (570) 523-1155 Fax: (570) 524-7104
Address: 90 Lawton Lane, Milton, PA 17847