Guest Teacher Program
Completing the Application Process
After candidates have been interviewed and accepted into the guest teacher program, they will be required to obtain and provide to CSIU:
- Act 151 – PA Child Abuse History clearance - $8 fee
- Act 34 – PA State Police Criminal Record clearance - $8 fee
- School employee physical examination form including a current TB test
- PDE 338-G General Application – complete this form and return it to CSIU for mailing. Do not mail it directly to PDE.
All guest teachers are required to attend two days of training. Trainers and speakers include CSIU educational and special education professionals, superintendents and veteran guest teachers.
- Tuesday, May 30, 2017 – full day of training
- May 31, 2017 and morning of June 1, 2017
teachers are required to do one classroom in the consortium, which will be set up by CSIU staff.
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 – half day of training in afternoon
In the event of bad weather on either day of training, please follow the inclement weather procedure below before leaving home.
- Call the CSIU at (570) 523-1155.
Listen to the CSIU recording.
*If there is a delay or closing, the recording will prompt you to push #9 on your phone keypad.
- The recording will then inform you of any changes in the Guest Teacher schedule.
Please note: Any changes in the schedule will be on the recording after 6:30 AM, but you should try calling the CSIU several times before leaving your home. This will ensure you will not miss any additional updates or changes.