Following are the materials required to apply for the Guest Teacher and Education Major program. Please apply by July 1, 2020 to be considered for the July 15 and 16, 2020 training days. Applications received after July 1 may be considered for future training sessions.
- Guest Teacher / Education Major Application Link - all applicants must apply online through this link.
- Transcripts Confirming Bachelor’s Degree – Please upload an unofficial bachelor’s degree transcript to your application.
Please note: you must provide an official, sealed transcript from your college/university on or before the first day of training. Etranscripts are acceptable if sent directly to email@example.com.
Once the bulleted items above are received by CSIU Human Resources Department, applicants will be contacted via email with step-by-step instructions and links to complete the necessary paperwork prior to the on-site training session.
A person educated in a foreign country may be eligible for substitute teaching provided the applicant meets the requirements set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE). Each foreign-educated applicant will be required to have his/her credentials evaluated. A list of organizations is provided on PDE’s website.
Required training sessions
All guest teachers are required to attend two days of training. Trainers and speakers include CSIU educational and special education professionals.
- Thursday, July 15, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – a full day of training will be held at TBD.
- Friday, July 16, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - All participants will be required to do one classroom observation in the consortium, which will be set up by CSIU staff for Friday morning and will reconvene at a TBD location for the second half of training in the afternoon.
In the event of bad weather on either day of training, please follow the inclement weather procedure below before leaving home.
- Call the CSIU at (570) 523-1155.
- Listen to the CSIU recording.
*If there is a delay or closing, the recording will prompt you to push #9 on your phone keypad.
- The recording will then inform you of any changes in the Guest Teacher schedule.
Please note: Any changes in the schedule will be on the recording after 6:30 AM, but you should try calling the CSIU several times before leaving your home. This will ensure you will not miss any additional updates or changes.