The Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit...
- BUILDS partnerships with schools and communities
- SERVES established and emerging constituencies
- INSPIRES individuals and organizations to reach their highest potential
- ENCOURAGES teamwork, cooperation and diversity
- STRIVES for innovation and excellence
...to create the future.
The mission statement above and the beliefs listed below were developed by a committee of CSIU staff, board members and district superintendents over several months of strategic planning during 1994-95. The CSIU board adopted the mission statement and the beliefs, goals and strategies in February 1995.
The CSIU believes:
- Children are first and are the future.
- Lifelong learning is vital.
- Every individual has unique talents, perspectives and contributions.
- Diverse staff, clients and programs build strength.
- Teamwork and partnerships are essential.
- Effective, open communication and mutual respect foster trust.
- Innovative, responsive, cost-effective and client-centered services are paramount.