LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) provide care for ill or injured patients or persons with disabilities. They can be employed in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar settings.
Licensed Practical Nurses will:
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse
- Administer prescribed medications
- Observe patients, document and report changes in patients' conditions
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, dress wounds, treat bedsores and perform catheterizations
Course Length and Wage Potential
• 1 to 2 years, depending on training provider and if attending full or part-time.
• Exam for licensure with National Council Licensure Examination - Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN).
Average wage: $15.07 - $24.97 per hour
Click here to view the WATCH Project Nursing and Healthcare Career Pathway for more details.