STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Sterile Processing Technicians prepare, sterilize, and clean surgical equipment. They can inspect equipment and perform routine laboratory tasks. They can be employed at hospitals, as well as, surgery centers, including orthopedic, dental, and eye centers.
Sterile Processing Technicians will:
- Clean and sterilize equipment and instruments to be used during surgery
- Prepare and package medical equipment
- Conduct inventory of all sterile items used in surgery
- Maintains accurate sterilization records and reports
Course Length and Wage Potential
• 2 semesters
• Certification is through the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management.
Average wage: $13.38 - $26.26 per hour
Click here to view the WATCH Project Nursing and Healthcare Career Pathway for more details.