MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST
Medical Billing Specialist, also known as Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerk, gathers, works up, and sends out data for billing purposes. They also prepare billing invoices for services provided. They can work in hospitals, physician's offices, long-term care facilities, research laboratories and clinics.
Medical Billing Specialists will:
- Read patient charts to determine medical history, diagnoses, and treatments given
- Make sure that all data that is entered into the reporting system is correct
- Communicate with other agencies who owe payment
- Run reports to verify quality and privacy
Course Length and Wage Potential
• 14-week online Medical Billing Specialist program through MedCerts®
• Certified Billing and Coding Specialist Certification (CBCS)
Average wage: $12.35 - $22.71 per hour
Click here to view the WATCH Project Nursing and Healthcare Career Pathway for more details.
*Within the WATCH program’s 11-County Service Region. *Source:CPWDC, www.cpwdc.org