ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS SPECIALIST
Electronic Health Records Specialist, also known as Medical Records Specialist or Health Information Technician, gathers and maintains medical records of hospital and clinic patients. They enter diagnoses, procedures, and medical services into healthcare’s coding system. They can work in hospitals, physicians' offices, long-term care facilities, and clinics.
Electronic Health Records Specialist will:
- Read patient charts to determine medical history, diagnoses, and treatments given
- Provide needed information to collection agencies
- Ask for insurance and patient payments
- Assist with collection on past due accounts
Course Length and Wage Potential
• 16-week online Electronic Health Records Specialist program through MedCerts®
• Certified Electronic Heatlh Records Specialist Certification (CEHRS)
Average wage*: $12.06 - $27.03 per hour
Click here to view the WATCH Project Nursing and Healthcare Career Pathway for more details.
*Within the WATCH program’s 11-County Service Region. *Source:CPWDC, www.cpwdc.org