The following is a list of required documents that must be submitted prior to your start date. If any of the following are not submitted, your start date will be pushed back until they are received:
1. The following Clearances must be submitted (for instructions on how to apply, please use links in section below):
- Act 114: Fingerprinting
- Act 151: PA Childline
- Act 34: PA State Police
- Act 126: Mandated Reporter Training
- Act 168: Employment History Review
Physical and Tuberculosis Screening
2. Physical and TB Screening
Proof of Education
3. Proof of Education submitted on Application:
- Official Transcripts confirming degree listed on Application
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma
In addition, when a candidate is considered for CSIU employment, a name check using the Pennsylvania Megan's Law webiste and the National Sex Offenders Public Website (NSOPW) will be completed prior to beginning employment.
Applying for Clearances
The information and links below pertain to individuals who are seeking a position with the Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit or for existing staff members looking to renew clearances. Click on the following links to go directly to the registration pages for the Act 114, Act 34, Act 151 and Act 126.
CSIU new hires will be required to provide approved original clearances during the employment intake process.
Please do not email clearances due to internet security reasons. All clearances must be mailed to the CSIU Main Office attn. Human Resources or faxed to 570-523-1370.
Act 114- Fingerprinting
FBI Criminal History Report (Fee: $25.25)
Please follow the steps in this order:
- Register with IdentoGO electronic fingerprinting service. You will need to enter the service code to get started.
- For CSIU Intermediate Unit employment, the Service Code is 1KG6S7.
- Click the “Schedule or Manage Appointment” link to start the registration process. Complete the required (*) fields and click the blue “Next” button to continue. You will need to complete all required information to create your bio and to answer all citizenship and other personal demographic questions.
- Choose the required identification material(s) you will bring to your fingerprinting appointment. Then select a date and time to schedule your appointment.
- Please print the confirmation page and report to an approved IdentoGO fingerprint location for your scheduled appointment. To find an approved location, please click here to enter your Zip code to find a list of local Fingerprint Enrollment Centers and Hours.
- Upon completion, keep the IndentoGO receipt that contains the UEID number, this can be submitted to the Human Resources Office to pull the formal clearance copy. You will also receive an email notification when the background check is complete, please print and mail to the CSIU Main Office.
IndentoGo Customer Support: (844) 321-2124
Act 34 –PA State Police
The Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Fee: $22)
The PA State Police use a web-based computer application for which you must use a credit card to pay the fee. The results will not be mailed. You must return to the ePatch site and print your criminal history check results. The Clearance Purpose Reason must be Employment.
- Click on the gray button labeled "Submit a New Record Check" located in the middle of the screen.
- Select "Individual Request" and click continue.
- The Reason for Request will be Employment, fill in all the required information and click next.
- Verify information and click "Proceed"
- Continue to follow steps to payment, you will receive an email notification once the record check is complete.
- Please print the clearance and mail it to the CSIU address provided above.
PATCH Helpdesk: 1-877-371-5422
Act 151 –PA Childline
Child Abuse Report (Fee: $13)
Electronic Application Submission:
*Website best supported by using Internet Explorer as your web browser.
- Click “Create Individual Account”
- Click the “Next” button to apply for a Keystone ID account.
- Enter all of the required information and click finish.
- When asked what type of employee you are, please select: School Employee Governed by Public School Code: Applying as a school employee who is required to obtain background checks pursuant to Section 111 of the Public School Code.
- You will be required to pay the $13 fee via credit card.
Creating an account and submitting your clearance application online will give you immediate access to your results, or the status of your results, if your results cannot be processed immediately. Please make sure to print a copy for your records.
*Please note this clearance can take up to 14 days to process and for results to be returned.
Customer Support: 1-877-371-5422
Act 126 - Mandated Reporter Training
The Child Welfare Law - PA Act 126 and (24 P.S. § 1205.6) requires school entities to provide all employees and district personnel, including any person who has direct contact with children, with mandatory training on both child abuse recognition and reporting. Please note that all prospective and current Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit (CSIU) employees are required to complete this training, regardless of whether they have direct contact with children.
The free online Act 126 training is available online at no cost through the University of Pittsburgh and must be completed prior to your first day of work, click here to access website.
In addition, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, in compliance with Pennsylvania Act 126, requires a minimum of three (3) hours of Mandated Reporter Training to occur once every five (5) years during your employment with the CSIU.
- Click Registration at the top left of the screen.
- Enter in all the required information and click “Submit”
- Once your account has been created, begin the course. You will be able to stop and save at any point and log in and out to continue course
- Upon completion, print the training certificate and submit to Human Resources- the course must reflect the 3 hours credit.
For technical support, please contact: The University of Pittsburgh’s technical support staff Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Act 168 - Employment History Review
As of December 22, 2014, a school entity or an independent contractor may not hire any applicant for a position in which the employee will have direct contact with children until the school entity has complied with the employment history review process delineated in Act 168 of 2014 (24 P.S. § 1-111.1). Guidance on the procedures and forms for the employment history review may be found in the Act 168 Basic Education Circular (PDF).
Pennsylvania Megan's Law and National Sex Offenders Public Website (NSOPW)
In addition, when a candidate is considered for CSIU employment, a name check using the Pennsylvania Megan's Law website and the National Sex Offenders Public Website (NSOPW) will be completed prior to beginning employment.
Click here to go to the Pennsylvania Department of Education's background check information page.
*Effective May 29, 2008, the CSIU is not an approved fingerprint location.