The CSIU Payroll application is a comprehensive package offering tools for all-inclusive tracking, storing and reporting of employee payroll data and check history. Major features and characteristics include:
- Provides maximum efficiency and consistency by sharing common data with other CSIU applications such as Personnel, Fund Accounting and EIT.
- Includes Query Maker, a flexible report writer.
Comprehensive Record Keeping
- Records detailed information about employees, deductions, tax rates, etc.
- Maintains complete check history.
- Allows unlimited user-defined voluntary deductions.
- Allows lost time reductions and temporary pay amounts for "this pay only."
- Provides mass update capabilities (voluntary deduction amounts, account codes, annual service times, etc.).
- Records unlimited salary accounts per employee for distribution to Fund Accounting.
- Allows withholding of state tax at out-of-state tax rates.
Data Manipulation Tools
- Flexible option to import information from Time Clock system spreadsheets or files.
- Provides calculate one check process including ability to print manual check "on the spot."
- Allows unlimited additional checks per employee.
- Allows adjustments to normal tax calculations.
- Provides automatic direct deposit in ACH format at up to three banks per employee.
- Allows multiple checks to be issued in check format for employees paid by direct deposit.
- Calculates end-of-year pays with allowances for tax and deduction amounts, including balance of contract.
- Provides special retirement calculations for sabbatical leaves and compliance with PSERS reporting requirements.
- Includes ability to post employee and employer deductions to Fund Accounting for payment.
- Allows for automatic accounting for manual or voided checks.
- Supports salary/hourly/daily accruals for balance of contract payment made in the next fiscal year.
- Allows auto-calculation and updates of salary and rate information during contract changes.
- Checks, check register, deduction reports and statistical reports.
- Mailing labels and non-mailing labels based on specified selection criteria.
- W2s, quarterly, and retirement reports and files for PSERS-NPAS monthly reporting.
- Distribution reports reflecting posting to Fund Accounting.
- TSA file/report options for annuity and other tax-exempt deductions.
- An interface with the Employee Portal provides access to check history information (no need to print direct deposit stubs).
- Message Center allows links to documents and forms, thereby replacing check "stuffers."