The CSIU Personnel application is a comprehensive package offering tools for all-inclusive tracking, storing and reporting of information for each employee in several modules: Employee, Absences, Insurance, Certification, Salary and Seniority. The software allows for record keeping and reporting for job applicants as well. Major features and characteristics include:
- Provides maximum efficiency and consistency by sharing common data with other CSIU applications such as Payroll and Fund Accounting.
- Includes Query Maker, a flexible report writer.
Comprehensive Record Keeping
- Records employee evaluations.
- Records extensive demographic information about employees and applicants.
- Records absences (including leaves). Records and tracks employment of substitute teachers.
- Records insurance, certification, salary and seniority data.
- Tracks certification data required for state reporting,
- Tracks professional development activities (both credits and hours) for reporting under Act 48 regulations.
- Maintains sick bank data.
- Categorizes employees by contract type or class.
- Job Title Entry for position tracking.
Data Manipulation Tools
- Absence accumulation process.
- Employee Portal Absence Request/Approval and Message Center.
- Import Absences from third-party software.
- Processes to record employee absences and track substitute employment.
- Computation of insurance costs per employee, with transfer to Fund Accounting application.
- Computation of salary schedules and associated costs for budget projection purposes, with transfer to Fund Accounting application.
- Computation of salaries (transfer to Payroll application available).
- Mass update, by group, of seniority status.
- Act 48 reporting, integrated with PDE website.
- PIMS data file creation for submission via PDE's Web Portal (Staff, Staff Snapshot, and Staff Assignment templates).
- Provides PDE-required reports, including certification report, Public School Support Personnel (SupPer).
- Complete absence (and leave) history.
- Seniority, course credit, and demographic listings.
- Substitute reports, including reports tracking days worked outside certificated area.
- Customized employee letters, created using MS Word's data merging functions, can include contract, absence, and benefit data.
- Mailing labels and labels without addresses.
- Audit Log.