The CSIU Consumables Inventory application is a comprehensive package offering tools for identifying, tracking and reporting of items defined as consumable. Major features and characteristics include:
Ease of Use
- User-friendly screens for real-time data entry and report generation.
- Context-sensitive messages and field identifiers to assist in data entry/selection.
- Detailed documentation is available from the Help menu.
- Consistent in appearance and functionality with other CSIU applications.
- Includes Query Maker, a flexible report writer.
- Integration with other CSIU financial applications such as Bidding and Fund Accounting.
- Assorted Reports
- Item directory listings.
- Transaction reports.
- Receiving reports
- Physical inventory checklists and recounts.
- Item reorder status.
- Inventory value verification.
- Outstanding orders.
- Pick lists, packing slips, and stocking report.
- Item catalog.
Comprehensive Record Keeping
- Detailed history of all inventory transactions.
- User-defined units of measure.
- Recording of manual receipts.
- Tracking of supply requisitions and shipping.
- Variable levels of approval for requisitions.
Data Manipulation Tools
- Maintenance of supply levels.
- User established reordering level and notification.
- Physical vs. perpetual reconciliation.
- Weighted average item valuation.
- Flexible "order processing," allowing for routine order entry, item exceptions and substitutions, and delivery day changes.
- Time-sensitive computation of beginning/ending balances.
- Receiving module uses POs to automate receiving process for item inventory.
- Ability to hold orders for future release.
- Item inquiry of detailed transactions.
- Inquiry of pending and shipped orders.
- Automated back-ordering and release of incomplete shipments.
- Audit Log.