The CSIU Assets Inventory application is a comprehensive package offering tools for identifying, tracking and reporting of items defined as fixed assets. Major features and characteristics include:
Ease of Use
- User-friendly screens for real-time data entry and report generation.
- Context-sensitive messages and field identifiers to assist in data entry/selection.
- Detailed documentation is available from the Help menu.
- Consistent in appearance and functionality with other CSIU applications.
- Provides maximum efficiency and consistency by sharing data with other CSIU financial applications.
- Includes Query Maker, a flexible report writer.
- Integration with bar coding technology.
- Import of assets information from Purchase Orders in CSIU’s Fund Accounting application.
- Depreciable items report.
- Master item listings (various sort capabilities).
- Item additions/deletions listings.
- Vendor listings and mailing labels.
Comprehensive Record Keeping
- Asset items can be assigned to local, state or federal programs.
- Items may be grouped by user-defined categories.
- Capability to identify and track disposed items.
- Identification of items purchased through leasing arrangements.
- Track replacements and current item valuations for insurance purposes.
- Added fields for compliance with GASB-34 reporting requirements.
Data Manipulation Tools
- Depreciation of assets on annual or monthly basis.
- Mass relocation of items.
- Identify missing items via physical inventory assessment.
- Receiving module makes items available through POs for asset tracking purposes.
- Useful Life Changes and Reset
- Data conversion functions are available for loading data provided by several appraisal companies.
- Audit Log